Saturday, July 2, 2016

Coursera. Character design for Video Games. Assignment #02

I continue +Coursera Character design for Video Games course. What can be interesting in one more Character design course? Oh, you never know before start :) This week I visited Andy Ristaino in his studio! If you don't know who is Andy Ristaino he developed characters for Adventure Time and he is really cool dude.
I did my second assignment already.

Assignment #02

Goal: Create 2 different game characters. 
When I say different I mean really different - shapes, style, mood, size.
So I created characters inspired by Mega Turrican game. There are main hero - Bren McGuaire. He is soldier of Freedom Forces. 
And he fighting against The Machine - evil enemy. I try to create opposite characters in size, shape, details and style. So I designed McGuaire from organic, round shapes and The Machine from some abstract triangular shapes and corners.
Final characters
and here some rough sketches
Bren McGuaire sketches 
The Machine sketches



No comments:

Post a Comment