Monday, December 19, 2016

Scanimation samples

I created simple Scanimation samples for client from upwork.com He want something similar to Magic Moving Images book.

I didn't created such illusions before so I try to find some tutorials. It's strange but I didn't find good tutorials about this type of animation. So I try experimenting. 
I created first animation in Flash and then exported to Photoshop. 

But it looks a bit weird as for me. So I created second sample whole in Flash from start to finish.

I found that this type of animation have several important restrictions. 
Size of the mask black lines depend on animation frames. So more frames - wider black lines. You need to find balance.
Size of the animated objects must not be too small. Small symbols can looks not good.
Now I can create in Flash any scanimations with no problem. And it can be exported for print on paper with no problem also.
Maybe will create good tutorial one day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment